Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Hermit Had Visitors

I have been feeling a bit like a hermit lately. I told Katie (my sister in law) how I just seem to be slipping into not wanting to talk to anyone. I don't know exactly why, but it is happening. Or happened. (Sorry to everyone who I haven't spoken to in ages. I am lame.)

So, to shake things up a bit, I had visitors from Seattle for the last four days. Rachael, Claire's old Montessori teacher, and her sister Sarah (who works for an NGO in El Salvador) came down for a visit. It was really nice to have guests who love the kids and love to speak English. I was a little worried that Claire would have some strange "I miss Daddy" freak out thing (because Rachael she knows from home) but she didn't. She was so happy. Although tonight she cried for daddy :(

It was a relaxing four days and the highlight was taking them down to the beneficio (coffee farmer co-op) for an honest-to-goodness coffee tasting. I think I may have enjoyed myself more than them! Today just before they left we went down to my property (there is a nice garden there) and picked avocados, kale and rosemary. I sometimes take for granted what bounty I have down here! Although, the chickens aren't laying eggs. . . that is another story.

Here are some pics of our last four days.











No comments: