Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Henry Reads

I mean, he doesn’t actually READ but he loves books (see him reading in the video on the right.) He loves to chase me around with Truckmice and Llama Llama Red Pajama. I have read them so many times I could scream. But I don’t. I have them memorized.

Then, the gods were smiling upon me and I went to the post office and there was a HUGE box from Auntie Katie. It was a Lipka Christmas. They sent books, socks, shoes, bath crayons, stickers, activity kits, disney towels, bathing suits, and last but not least, mouse ears (there is more but I can’t remember it all!!) Thank you Katie, Ethan, Jared, Cal Bear and Glen!!!

So, I now have a lovely selection of books to read to Henry and Claire occupies herself with the cool crafts that Katie sent.

It was a great day!



1 comment:

Katie Lipka said...

For those who may wish to ship items to Costa Rica, here is some of my experience:

- I sent 2 CDs to Annika and Roger from Amazon on about 11/25 last year. They didn't arrive until January! (It was Xmas music... oops! :)

- The package to Claire Bear and Henry weighed 9.5 lbs and cost $51 to send. It was automatically insured for $100. I had to fill out a customs form and had to be specific (even though my 3 children were running around wrecking the place, the gentleman behind the counter was still very firm with me that I had to add details. "Clothing" wasn't good enough.) I sent it on 6/26. It took less than 3 weeks!!! Not bad!

Thanks to anyone who cares to send anecdotal evidence to Grandma Penny and me! :)