Monday, June 2, 2008

Mormons Strike Again

This is truly hard to believe but I was just visited by two Mormon Missionaries from Utah. I thought that after living in Blakeley Village for three 1/2 years surrounded by Mormons that I had put the experience behind me. Nope. Here it is, 7:20 pm and the young boys with their short sleeved shirts are hollering up at me from the street. Amazing. I told them that they are welcome to come for a quick visit some other day but that there is no need to bring a copy of their "Book" nor was there a need to talk to me about the religion - I knew all I needed to know. So, we'll see.

On another note, there are 19,000 people in rural communities that no one has heard from. Roads are washed out, people don't have power, food, water, phone, etc. It is pretty bad. We are totally isolated here in San Marcos. Both roads out of here have been washed out and covered in mud. There was a helicopter flying around today - i think they were dropping food to stranded families. It is sad.

1 comment:

Katie Lipka said...

Hey flood people,

I'm about to send a package for my niece and nephew (which will obviously not get there for her bday.... *sigh*)

Can I include anything for the folk down there? Clothes that my kids have grown out of? Random toys? Umbrellas? Towels? Beef jerky?

Love,
Aunt Katie