Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Marching for Jesus

Something has happened to Claire. I don't know what it is but she has become a Jesus Freak. There were a few thing that I have let slip over the past few months:

  • Begging to go to the church (It is always closed and my mom explained that it was because people kept stealing everything that was inside.)
  • Taking a stick into the church because she wanted to beat off the robbers
  • Singing about Jesus - sometimes even rapping about Jesus, Daddy style (not the Jesus part)
  • Marching me up the path to my parent's house "come on everybody, we are marching for Jesus!"
  • Talking about how Jesus and Cinderella were up in the stars

    I know there have been many more, but the yesterday took the cake. She saw a huge procession of army ants and exclaimed "they are marching for Jesus!"

    Now, could someone please tell me what is going on with my daughter? We don't even use the words God or Jesus in the house. Not ever. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)
  • 4 comments:

    Ben Peters said...

    Sadly, we do use the words God and Jesus in our house. At least some people do. Common phrases include that which Claire has adopted, "God Dammit, that's Bullshit!" And of course there is the one that Darcie blurts out on occasion when drivers won't let her merge on to the freeway, "Jesus F*** **." There is something very wrong about the last statement so I won't spell it out.

    Unknown said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Unknown said...

    Hey Darcie -- it's Bart Wachsteter. I just read about your blog on Hank Webb's blog so I was checking it out. How are you? That's so cool that you are living in Costa Rica.

    Here's a link to my blog, mostly just pics of the kids with some commentary. Haven't updated it in a while, though with Max & Ella having just started soccer season I'll be posting some soccer pics soon. Here's the link: http://3stoogesrockalaska.wordpress.com/

    Stephaniecelt said...

    Wow quite a mystery where all that religious talk came from. Ben's right, "Goddamn it that's bullshit" is the only time I've heard Claire use the name of the lord. Does she say it like it's English or Spanish? That might help explain it. Maybe you guys saw some Semana Santa parades??

    Anyway, more funnyness from the mouth of Claire. I love hearing about it! :)