Thursday, May 29, 2008

2008 Hurricane Season Kicks Off


That is Costa Rica, the little green country smack dab in the middle.


This is the headline on the WeatherChannel.com - click on the link and you go straight to Central America. It has been raining for days. Not just light rain but intense, constant, heavy downpours. Last night the wind started as well and now it looks like the storm has turned into Tropical Storm Alma. Looks like we won the Hurricane lottery this year. How fun.

When it rains:
Laundry doesn't dry - ever.
No one leaves the house - not even taxi drivers.
Rain starts leaking through the roof.
You worry about the small river behind your house changing course to run right through your house.

I swear we have had at least 12 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. I would love to know for sure. At least we still have power - for now. I will post some pictures later today.

1 comment:

Ben Peters said...

Ah... I bet this is why you are not calling. No phone, no power... since I have no cable and only get pbs I haven't heard anything about weather lately... that bish is only on cable.