Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Christmas in Costa Rica

What's that you say? It is too early for Christmas? Not here gosh darn it. The stores are full of wonderful "porcelain" statues of Jesus, Santa & angels, Faux Trees, bulbs, garland, anything holiday-like that you can have made in China.

So, now Claire has decided that tomorrow we have to go down and buy our plastic tree. It is difficult to rationalize with a four year old why buying a tree on October 8th isn't the best idea. She is even decorating the house as we speak with "cuttings" from one of her workbooks. Last night she wanted to leave oranges & cookies out for the reindeer & Santa. "What is that stuff that Santa & the Reindeer eat?" She asked.

Good lord. I have three whole months ahead of me to deal with this. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to run to the Hillsdale Mall on Oct 7th to find a birthday present for Ethan. It seemed the newest store was Macy's Christmas store, a big one, with all the bells and whistles, lots of santas and trees and lights etc. When I was in Japan a few years ago I saw the biggest Christmas tree I had ever seen in the Kyoto train station. Early November. Hype is everything.