Monday, September 29, 2008

Our Tica Blanca

The Costa Rican national holiday was last week and Claire's school was in the parade. It was interesting - the teacher asked if I could dress her in "typical" CR dress. Of course, I said that we don't have anything like that and she said "you can find it downtown and it is really cheap." She must think that because I am an American I have lots of money because I found the dress and you have to have it made and it is $25.00 and the shoes are another $8.00. I know this sounds inexpensive but when someone is living on a tight budget in a 'third world' country this is spendy!

So, we got her all dressed up for the parade and Henry and I followed her on the float for two hours. Two hours in the hot sun and all we did was walk around the church. It was slow and a little painful but I did have a chance to talk to some other parents and I made a new friend - and Claire loved it! So, I guess it was all worth it! And, she looked so freakin' cute.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I laughed OUT LOUD at the image of you and Henry walking around the church for two hours. Too funny. Claire does indeed look adorable. I'd like one of those dresses myself. xx. Anna